Migrating from WAS to JBoss
We currently have our application hosted on Application Server - WebSphere 126.96.36.199 - AIX 7.1 - Java 1.6.0 which is connected to Oracle 12c DB. We need to migrate our application from AIX to RedHat Linux (JBoss).
We want to find out if the new Pega Application server ( JBoss - RedHat Linux) can be pointed to the existing Oracle 12c DB which is already connected to the WebSphere.
If this is achievable, we will be in a state where we have 2 App servers (WAS and JBoss) connecting to the existing Database (Oracle 12c). Later stage, we will be able to disconnect WAS Server connecting to our Database.
Please let us know if this can be done and are there any things we should be considering before we proceed with this approach.
***Edited by Moderator: Pallavi to update platform capability tags***
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Migration from Websphere to Jboss (Cloud)- version 7.1.5
- Does DSM (ADM in particular) still need spring framework (as documented in page 26 Core Modules part) for JBoss EAP 6.x in 7.1.8? The default resource adapter for JMS is hornetq for JBoss 6.x.
- Deployment of v7.1.7 prpc_j2ee14_jboss61JBM.ear on JBoss EAP 6.3 fails.
- Can we setup a centralized AES for both JBOSS and WAS pega JVM's. Similarly can we setup a centralized SMA to add pega nodes running on both JBOSS and WAS
- Error while deploying prpc_j2ee14_jboss61JBM.ear file into JBoss 6.4.8