Migrating the Orchestrator environment
When a new Pipeline and is created all the Case Types, Pipeline Events created as part of Pipeline creation and execution are stored in PipelineData ruleset.
If you want to move orchestrator to a different environment, you can either move PipelineData ruleset alone or you can export along with old PDM x.x and PDF x.x on to new environment.
- To migrate only PipelineData ruleset to new environment you can follow below steps:
- Create Product file on old Environment under Rulesets to include add PipelineData ruleset and check include associated data.
- Under Class instances to include add Pega-Pipeline-CD and Pega-Pipeline-CI. Check include descendants. Preview the product file and see it contains all the Case Types instances and Data-Pipeline- instances. If these instances are not included only Pipeline definitions will get packaged.
- Under Class instance to include also add Data-Pipeline-Role to include the default roles.
- Under Individual instances to include enter class Pega-UI-Notification-Channel click Query and select Release Manager and submit.
- Update product file to include repositories or any other instances if required.
- Export the product file.
- Configure latest PDM and PDF on new orchestrator environment.
- Import the product file exported from Step 4.
- To migrate the Orchestrator to new environment along with old Pipelines and old PDM, PDF version you can do it by following below steps:
- Login to Old Orchestrator environment.
- Go to Application -> Distribution -> Package landing page
- Select Application as PegaDeploymentManager x.x and under Ruleset name select PipelineData and version as 01.01.01 and click Next
- In Application stack, check PegaDeploymentManager x.x and PegaDevOpsFoundation x.x applications and click Next. Do not select anything in Application dependencies , click Next
- Under Organizational elements check pega.com Organization, Division, Unit. Click Next
- Select all the Access Groups required and click Next.
- Select all the Operator ID’s required and click Next.
- Select work queue and work baskets required. Click Next.
- Do not select anything in Database table and Code Archives. Click Next
- Select all the tables in Database Storage section. Click Next
- Click Finish in Integration resources
- Click Modify to review the product file created. Click Preview Product file, Expand System data and make sure that Data-Pipeline-* classes are packaged.
- Under Class instances to include add Pega-Pipeline-CD and Pega-Pipeline-CI. Check include descendants. Preview the product file and check if all the CI, CD work objects are included.
- To include repositories, enter Data-Repository and click Query and select the Repositories needed
- Check Allow unlocked ruleset versions
- Click Create Product file. Preview the auto generated product file and make changes as needed.
- Import the product file generated in step 18 in the new Orchestrator environment.
- If you are planning to move Orchestrator to new version of Deployment Manager, first deploy this package and then configure new version Deployment Manager.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Migration Checklist |Migrate exiting application stack to new environment with new stack
- How to migrate automation tool from test environment to production environment
- Multitenant environment to PRPC environment migration
- Can I migrate code from dev environment(prpc 7.3) to QA environment (prpc 7.1.7).
- Application migration from One environment(System) to Another environment(system)