Logging to Microsoft application insights
Hi, we are trying to post logs to Microsoft application insights by adding custom appender. Application server(IBM Websphere with ear deployment) starts fine with an error - ClassNotFound on appender class. We tried below approaches to load classes (.jar file).
- Created shared library and associated with application(ear) level and module level(prweb war)
- Created custom class loader for the server and mapping it to a local jar file
- Loading jar into pega db through import
- Placing the jar in in APP-INF/lib and updating manifest file.
I have verified that the jar file shows up in "Class loader view" of admin console. I have attached the systemerr.log.
I am wondering if this is the right way to implement custom appenders (apart from those shipped with pega or apache log4j), if not what is the right way ?
I appreciate the responses.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Need insight how to connect Pega to the Microsoft Active Sync server over HTTP. If Pega provides any OOTB feature for Active Sync configuration?
- AES 717 log shows com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Operand type clash: datetime2 is incompatible with tinyint
- Is Pega OpenSpan RPA compatible with Microsoft Virtualized Applications?
- Interacting with Microsoft Application Virtualization Client in Pega robotics
- Sequentially Logging User's application usage from log in to log out