Load data Pages asynchronously using connect wait method
I am trying to load the data pages asynchronously using Load-DataPage and Connect-Wait method. It is working as the data page seems to run in seperate requestor or thread. But my question here is If my data page is running in different thread how can i access the value of the data page in the current thread.
Below are the steps I did.
1. Created a data Page of type thread
2. Created an sample activity of type activity(WrapperActivity) in this activity
3. Create another TESTLOADPAGE activity of type "Asynchronous" with below steps
1. Load-DataPage - gave the data page name and pool id
2. Connect-Wait - gave the pool id and time limit of 30 sec (Since my data page operation will take 15-20 sec)
4. Now in my WrapperActivity I called the TESTLOADPAGE activity using call-Asyn-Actvity or general Call method. I can see my datapage is performing it task. But i could not access any property from the data page. I want to get the value from the data page. Please let me know if there is any way.
https://pdn.pega.com/use-activity-methods-procedurally-and-asynchronously-load-data i gone through this link but i cannot find the answer.
**Moderation Team has archived post**
This post has been archived for educational purposes. Contents and links will no longer be updated. If you have the same/similar question, please write a new post.
Thanks it worked CarissaW .
It was my mistake I had initially loaded the data page with parameters in load-datapage. Then i was trying to access datapage without giving parameter, that is why it was loading again fresh.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- we are data from external services in asynchronous way using Load-datapage after with poolid merging the responses but on connect-wait is failing.
- How to know if Data Pages got Loaded When loading Asynchrously using Connect Wait?
- Asynchronous Data page load
- Number of Data Pages that can be loaded Asynchronously
- Use of Pool ID in Load Data Page method