Lift & Shift Approach for Upgrade Pega 7.2.2 to Pega 8.2
Wanted to check if lift and shift approach is still valid for Pega 8 upgrade. Here is the step which I wanted to check if that will work for Upgrade.
1. Upgrade your Development Environment with maybe Out of Place Double migration approach (For example).
2. Take dump of upgraded PegaRULES from DEV.
2. Copy the dump of PegaRULES 8.x to each of the higher environments (TEST, UAT, Pre-Production).
4. Clone the PegaData schema from existing environment.
5. Run Upgrade.sh –dataOnly true to upgrade the Pegadata 7.2.2 to PegaDATA 8.x for each higher environment.
Thanks in advance for your valuable thoughts on this.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Procedures and Views are invalidated when moving into higher environments for upgrade- Life & Shift approach
- Generate Schema Objects using migrateSystem.properties in Lift & Shift Approah
- Pega Foundation for Communications Upgrade from 7.2.2 to 8.2
- AWS RDS Oracle & Pega 7.2.2
- Golden Copy Lift and Shift Approach- How to move Golden Copy?