We’re upgrading from 7.4 with no kafka to 8.3
which implements kafka. There appears to be no reference to configuring kafka in the upgrade guide
other than saying
• Kafka stream nodes — Port 9092
• Stream REST service — Port 7003
I have two servers ( nodes ) and each node has two tomcat JVMs accessing the same QA database.
I just want to know
Each JVM instance on one node needs a different Stream Rest Service Port ?
instance 1 uses port 7003 and instance two uses port 7004 ?
can they communicate with the same kafka instance on the node listening on port 9092 or do they
each need a separate kafka process.
If they need a separate Kafka process; how do I create and configure it ; The upgrade actually configured and started it automatically.
***Edited by Moderator Marissa to update SR Details***
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- How to config the “Access Roles” that operator can only do develop things, but not admin things such as “New Application”, "Config operator ID" or "Config Access Group".
- Unable to connect to Kafka client using Data-Admin-Kafka instanc
- How to change kafka-data and kafka logs locations
- Unix File source location in File Listener Config
- Request stuck on Pending-Site Config and Test