JWT Bearer Authentication for REST Connector?
We need to provide an Authorization header (Bearer type) with a JSON Web Token (JWT) when calling a REST Connector for server to server authentication. Since there doesn't seem to be an Authentication Profile to do this, I had to add an Authorization header on my REST Connector methods and map it to a Clipboard property. Then I needed to create a custom Activity to call the pxGenerateJWT activity and copy the JWT value to Clipboard property before calling the REST Connector.
This works but it means that every time I generate rules using the Create REST Integration wizard I need to customize the generated Data Page to call a custom Activity instead of calling the REST Connector directly. This means additional costs for development and maintenance.
Is there a better way to do this? Any chance that support for this will be added to the platform? If not, is there a way for us to define our own custom Authentication Profile types so that we can minimize the amount of work needed to set this up on each connector?
We are using an on-prem instance of the 7.4 platform.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- REST connector with OAuth 2.0 and JWT Authentication fails
- How to update a REST Connector?
- What are the different ways we can debug an issue in Rest OR SOAP Connector?
- How Can We pass pageList as Request Paremeter in Rest Connector?
- If the mapping of the data properties is in other systems then how can we retrieve those properties using REST Connector?