Is it recommended to have different Data schema for each application ?
I would like to understand, if it is recommended to use different data schema for different applications built on same Org layer.
- We are implementing 3 applications (App1, App2 & App3) for an Organisation ABC. Two applications (App1 and App3) are under Division 1 and 1 application (App2) is under Division 2.
- All 3 applications are sharing AD authentication, Int layer and User admin function (as most of the users are common).
In such a scenario,
1. Should we use the same data schema with app specific transactional work tables?
2. Should we split the data schema further for each application?
and what are the pros and cons of each approach.
Thank you in advance.
I found a useful thread related to my question above:
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Does Pega recommend Production Pilot Application deployment(two rules schema and shared/separate data schema)?
- Is it possible to have single RULES schema and multiple DATA schemas for different application jvms?
- Data Schema Upgrade for X out of Y applications
- Two Data Schema for co hosted Applications
- How can i see the imported application(.jar) in my current application? i am successfully deployed the jar files into my app