INteraction History Tables Usage
I am new to Pega, so apologies if mine is a basic question !
We are setting up Pega in our environment and we understand the 9 interaction history tables(1 fact and multiple dimension tables in a star schema) are used for decisioning.
I translated it as, " when I login to my web portal and browse something, these 10 Pega tables are quickly queried to give me recommendations based on my browsing"
I would like to understand if that is all the case. The IH tables are simple Oracle tables and the queries would take longer and longer if my customer base increases.
Also, I would like to use the IH tables for my analytics too but do not want to impact performance to my customers.
Are there other tables that can be used for analysis - that are more aggregated/summarized?
How does Pega manage querying the database for each logged in customer (Surely, it is not a full table scan of the IH tables !!! )
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Is there a way to cap maximum rows e.g. 500 fetched from interaction history table when import interaction shape used in strategy
- Capture FactID from Interaction History table to another table
- Usage of History table for Report Definitons
- Interaction History Database Tables in a Dedicated Schema in Pega 7.2.2
- Interaction history table in pega marketing