How to use Work-.ResumeFlow with Queue Processors/Job Schedulers
We are in process of replacing Agents with Job Schedulers and Queue Processors and seem to have hit a road block.
We have some long running automated business processes that is orchestrated using Case Management and one of the first thing we do in the first flow is queue the case via an agent (which calls the Work-.ResumeFlow activity that resumes the case by calling the flow action associated with the assignment that follows) so its no longer tied to the operator who has initiated the case.
I tried using Queue Processors (both standard and dedicated) but they fail because it can't obtain a lock as there isn't pxInsKey created just yet (the first flow gets invoked before the case is committed/persisted into the database) and don’t know if how to invoke a Job Scheduler in an activity the way I did it via Agents (Queue-For-Agent).
Any thoughts or pointers would be helpful.
***Edited by Moderator Marissa to update platform capability tags****
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Modifying Schedule of Job Scheduler/Queue Processor run time
- How to Enable/Disable Queue Processor and Job scheduler in higher environments with data instances
- Queue Processor is not able to take the lock on work case
- Working of standard agent with less schedule interval and more queue items
- Recommended BIX Extract schedule- Agent or scheduling jobs (Crontab or Control-M).