How to use a CONNECT-SOAP rule in an Asynchronous way.
Hi All, within our application we currently have a CONNECT-SOAP rule that is running in a synchronous way, with immediate execution. When we call CONNECT-SOAP within an activity we use execution mode Run.
Our business is changing the way that this API (to which we connect with the CONNECT-SOAP) works in order to prevent timeouts that often occur with an external source. The API will now execute in an Asynchronous manner.
- This will mean that when we call the API from our application we will get a transactionID and that will be it.
- We are being asked to provide a URL (I am interpreting this as a SERVICE-SOAP on our end) that they can send the response back to along with the transactionID so that we can marry the response to the original Request.
- Upon receiving this we would send back a response to confirm receipt.
I have been reading on community and amongst Pega documentation to understand how to do this and I keep contradicting myself. Although the SOAP API will be asynchronous, it occurs to me that as we are expecting a transactionID back initially, we may still be treating this as synchronous from our side. Am I correct here?
Should we be setting the Request Only checkbox on the CONNECT SOAP rule to unchecked (synchronous)? Image attached.
I am stuck also with how to marry up the call that they will send to our SERVICE-SOAP. This will contain the response which I need to link to the appropriate case (which will still be active) using, I assume, the transactionID. I think I need to change the CONNECT-SOAP call within the activity to use ExecutionMode RunInParellel and then follow this with a CONNECT-WAIT, but I am not sure. I cannot see how I marry this up. Or is the marrying up done with the service activity of the SERVICE-CONNECT ?
Any help here would be most welcome
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Two-Way SSL Setup for Connect-SOAP Rule in 6.1 sp2
- 2-way SSL on Connect-SOAP
- Intermittent "rule with a bad defined-on class" error shows up on Connect-SOAP operation on tracer in Pega 7.1.8 Version, Are there any changes required to fix this error. As per PDN the issue was resolved with 7.1.8
- Error in configuring Encryption in Connect-Soap rule
- Grouping security settings across multiple connect-soap rules to single place