How to persist the null value instead of special characters when user enters only special characters
I am working on a requirement where i need to persist the null value when user enters only special characters.
I am giving 2 scenarios here for more clarity :
First Name : @-=+|Ravi
this one am able to remove leading spl characters from a First Name property.
O/P : First Name : Ravi
Scenario 2 :
When user enters only special characters
First Name : @-=+|%
currently, this one is getting persisted in DB with spl chars, but that should not happend.
So, How can i persist the null value in DB instead of spl chars.
Please suggest is there any such regular expression which contains only special characters.
So that i can replace the regex with null value (" " )
Also attached screenshot for reference.
Thanks in Advance,
***Edited by Moderator: Pallavi to update platform capability tags***
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- how to prevent a user from entering special characters in input text field
- need to get exact error message when we are having Special characters like &,<. >etc
- Special characters are getting encoded when using < pega:lookup > tag
- Attached File Name which has special characters replaced with untitled file when mail get triggers with attachments.
- Is there a way to warn users when IE11 Compatibility View is enabled when they enter a PRPC site?