How to open New Email of Email Client (Outlook) from Pega Application and pre-populate an attachment from local drive
We have a requirement where a user click on a 'Send Email' button and it opens up the New Email of the MS Outlook (Email Client). To, Subject, Body should be pre-populated from the user form and an Attachment should be added from a specific local path.
How to add attachment using 'mailto:' ?
Is there any other way to achieve this requirement apart from 'mailto:' ?
Please feel free to ask additional details. Any leads would be really helpful.
***Edited by Moderator: Lochan to update platform capability tags***
The mailto scheme is a HTML native feature that does not support adding attachments. If you are using Pega 7.x you can look at our documentation here on how to send an email with attachments.
I hope this helps!
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Setup file to allow users to install the Pega Outlook Add-in on their machines, and URL used to log in should be pre-populated
- How to pre-populate email subject and CC Id
- Pre-populating with "$" symbol
- Need Help Docusign- How to pre-populate data in docusign templates
- I want to read the outlook email with specific subject and needs to save attachment file in email to local drive. How do I this automation?