How to open a case in perform mode from an email link
I have an application with pending requirements to be configured for two different emails for which I tried different options but not reaching the goal: The email body should contain the link to each product sub case.
1. Need to include links to the child cases in the initial email which is configured as Send email step in the parent case type. The initial email is send after the child cases are created and it is expected by the business users that they should have access to all portal features upon clicking on the links in the email and expecting the case will be opened automatically in review mode with no need to enter login details. The users have operator IDs, so I guess DWA is not applicable.
2. In the child case type, in the approve/reject and summary email, need to include a link in the notification step that is leading the user directly to the current case stage once clicked, so that the users can processes the approval/rejection or just have a look at the current case status.
I tried using the WorkLink and pzCaseLink Correspondence fragment rule in the email template. However, the portal that is opened seems to be broken, so not sure what is the reason and how this can be resolved.
Also used AssignmentLink which is opening exactly Pega 7 Express Portal and the current child case stage but the link in the email template is displayed with “a href” (“<a href=https://vty-dev.****** _pyPega7Express) before the exact link, so it is not a direct link to click on and lead you to the portal but need to copy-paste it manually.
Many thanks in advance.
***Edited by Moderator: Lochan to update platform capability tags***
have you checked this post?
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- To open the case in perform mode from an email link
- Traditional portal- Back button was used for opening case in review mode from perform mode.
- opening a case in review/perform mode
- to directly open the work object in perform harness by clicking work object ID link in email
- Open assignment in perform Harness from link in Email.