How to Get Parent Case ID to Child case ID
I have a requirement where parent id is A-150 , then if i create child case it should be B-150-1. similarly if parent id is A-151 then child should be B-151-1,B-151-2 ,so on.
I tried to set pyworkIDprefix in pydefault of child case , but unable to get the parent id at that instance.
pyworkIDPrefix= "B-"+ substring(pyWorkCover.pyID,2)+"-"
but when i run its showing child case as B--1,B--2 so on only.
While creating child case parent case data will be available in pyWorkPage itself and current child case will be creating using Iteratepage. You just change your expression with pyWorkPage.pyID it will work as expected.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Child Case Type Change Stage / Move Into Parent Case Type (with property Can Reuse in Both (Parent & Child))
- Coverable Work Type- Cannot instantiate Child Case if class of child case is pattern parent to Top level case's class
- How to pass attachments from parent case to child case and show them on first screen of child case?
- Wait shape in Parent case not Resolving the parent case when child case resolve
- Case Management for Parent case and child case with different Class groups (work table)