How can a when rule be applied as a filter in a report definition?
In Pega 7.1.5, I have a report definition from a data table with active and inactive names being used for a dropdown menu for a section. How can I apply a when rule so that when its read only, all names are made available, while if its editable(selectable from the dropdown) only active names are available?
***Edited by Moderator: Lochan to update platform capability tags***
I believe I found a solution. Instead of trying to insert a when rule in the section or within the report definition, I created a data page rule as the source for the dropdown/read only field in the section. Within that data page I indicated List structure which allowed for applying a when rule to source the report definition. I did have to create a seperate report definition making them two, one to FetchAllNames, the other to FetchActiveNames. But it works using pxIsEditable as the when rule.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Is it possible to use @(Pega-RULES:DecisionTable).ObtainValue at filters of Report Definition?
- How to add validation at filter criteria in Report Definition?
- How to keep custom filter default values in Report Definition?
- How can I filter out an autocomplete list that is sourced from a report definition?
- "Clear Filters" in report definition is not fetching data in drill down report when a default date time is used in Custom Filter section.