File Upload without pyWorkPage
I need to know when and in which activity/control does pega actually uploads the attachment to the StaticContent directory.
We have a requirement where in we are not in a work object context (i.e. there is no pyWorkPage as such). So, we are opening a work object on a different page (lets say TempWorkObjectPage).
We added the OOTB "pyAdvancedAttachmentMenu" Menu on the screen and for the "Attach File(s)" option, using this page as the context.
When the user actually selects the file from its local drive, i am getting an error "** com.pega.pegarules.pub.PRRuntimeException: Can't continue with file attachment. File "file://web:/StaticContent/global/ServiceExport/Test Doc 1.txt" doesn't exist
When i trace it, i see that there is an activity - "Data-WorkAttach-File.pyUploadFile", in the java step system is searching for the file in the StaticContent directory and in my case not able to find it.
The same thing is working fine when i am actually in a work object context and have the pyWorkPage.
Note:- There are reasons that i cannot use pyWorkPage to open the work object. So, i need to find another way.
**Moderation Team has archived post**
This post has been archived for educational purposes. Contents and links will no longer be updated. If you have the same/similar question, please write a new post.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- The uploaded file template could not be recognized. Please upload a valid file.
- Pega Portal hangs after successfully uploading a file using upload file option.
- Simple Display- File Attachments on Pega UI – Browse, Upload, view and delete the uploaded file/image options
- The uploaded file template could not be recognized- Please upload a valid file.
- Pega 7.2:Issue with MSOParseExcelFile, The uploaded file template could not be recognized. Please upload a valid file. Refer to template Entity_template for details.