Export work item attachments to a directory
We have a requirement to export work item attachments to a server location.
Here is what we have done
1. Browse through link-attachment instances get pxLinkedRefTo for each instance.
2. Pass the pxLinkedRefTo as parameter to Obj-Open-By-Handle
3. Decode pyAttachStream using Base64Decode function and set it to a property.
4. Call connect-file with write from clipboard property
Issue: the text files are exported and could read them but couldn't read excel or word files or Images, I have tried by changing the file extensions as well.
Please assist us decoding and exporting these attachments.
Attached the activity written for the same. Any help is much appreciated.
***Edited by Moderator: Lochan to update platform capability tags***
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- we have a file listener working on the service export directory now our requiremnt is read each.xml file from the directory.
- To copy attachment from one work item to another work item
- How can we store the attachment which is in the external url in the form of (WORK-ATTCH-URL) into our local server directory?
- Exporting Work item
- Email not getting attached to Work Item