Event Strategy - Irregular emission
An event strategy (ES) is set up on a Real time data flow. This ES has a tumbling window which is configured to emit once is every 8 seconds. Each emission is configured to sum the number of hits the stream data set gets and emit the total count for that 8 second window. It is observed that this ES skips certain emissions and compensates that by emitting twice during the next emission. The destination of this real time data flow depends on the emission data to update an existing database instance. Because of this irregularity the system tends to lose count of the number of requests received. What could be the root cause for such irregularity? Is this is a known behaviour for an event strategy?
Pega Marketing version: 7.2.1
Thanks in advance.
***Edited by Moderator: Pallavi to update platform capability tags***
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Query on LSA (7.1) Quiz- PRPC Reporting Strategy- Reports from more than one class
- Query on LSA (7.1) Quiz- PRPC Reporting Strategy- Sub Reports
- Exercise: Use Product Holdings in the Strategy- question
- Is there a pega academy training that covers the Event strategy manager and data strategy manager in detail?
- Are there any performance benefits of using an ESM (Event strategy Manager) to fire real time marketing events