Email listener not starting when accessing sub folders in Inbox
I am trying to access emails in sub folders of Inbox, example : INBOX/TEST
When i do the changes to the listener and try to start it through SMA, I get the below error. We are not getting this error if the email listener is configured to read directly from INBOX. Issue exists only when trying to access folders and subfolders other than INBOX.
Any idea what is causing this issue?
Start Listener Status
Listener 'Data-Admin-Connect-EmailListener:JPNCustomerServiceCA.Listener(com.pega.pegarules.integration.engine.internal.services.email.EmailListener)/0' failed to start because of the following error:
Failed to launch listener, com.pega.pegarules.pub.PRException: Email listener 'Listener.JPNCustomerServiceCA' failed to connect to Email Server - From: (B9337655B9E2A7ABE0D8E5D683F1D9F2B:(MBean Access))
***Edited by Moderator: Pallavi to update platform capability tags***
I have analysed the root cause and found that javax.mail.FolderNotFoundException: folder is not INBOX is caused when POP3 protocol is used.
The issue here is that the JavaMail API used within the POP3 connector doesn't support the use of mailboxFolder or moveToFolder. The mailbox folder name is hard coded to look at the default inbox on any email account for both reading and writing emails.
Thanks for your help, let me know if you have more information on this.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Fail to start email listeners and get error message: ADMN0022E: Access is denied for the Start operation on web MBean because of insufficient or empty credentials.
- When starting the Apache James email server for the first time by giving command: "run.bat" in the bin folder i get an exception that "Error building configuration from config.xml". Why do i get this exception and how to resolve it?
- How to move an email from a inbox to other folder
- can we configure an email listener to pick email from a sub folder
- Email Listener process unread emails, then mark it that as read or move it different folder