Displaying Modal Dialog conditionally doesn't work neither with 'Launch-Local Action' nor with the activity(ProcessAction).
We have a requirement to display modal dialog conditionally, to display we have configured 'Launch-Local Action' with the when rule(when rule checks only for flag) and before launch-local action we are calling an activity wherein we are setting the flag. With this configuration it is not working, so we thought to go with the activity approach, so we are calling "ProcessAction" OOTB activity with the required parameters but that is also not working.
Please let me know if anyone has tried calling "ProcessAction" activity?
Below is the screenshot of configuration.
Thanks in advance!!
***Edited by Moderator Marissa to update categories***
The only solution that will work in your case is
1. Create a input field(lets say .pyNote) in the section from where you are launching this local action.
2. In this field use hidden text control so that it is not visible to users.
3. In your action tab, put the first action as "calling an activity wherein you are setting the flag".
4. In the next step use "Set Value" action and set the hidden control property with the value you got from the activity.
5. Then use this hidden control property value in the local action luanch condition.
I have attached a screenshot for ref.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- How to display a Local action in modal dialog depends on a condition.
- Local action being executed when the Flow action's allow when condition fails
- [Video]: Cancel action behavior in regular local action versus local action launched through modal dialog
- Unable to launch local actions as modal dialog in production environment
- Local Action (Overlay) Doesn't Shows Up