Design Options when FileWatcher is Needed in Middle of Process
We are looking at automating a user process, and I have some uncertainties about what would be the best design. First here are the basic characteristics of the proposed RPA process.
- Runtime will be OpenSpan 8.0.1103.
- It will be a server bot that will be scheduled to run 3 to 4 times per day.
- First step will be to interrogate system A for a dataset
- Dataset will be submitted to system B
- 3-5 minutes later, system B will deposit a file in a designated folder
- System C will then consume the above file for further processing.
I can think of 3 design options:
1) A Pega (OpenSpan) automation solution will begin, gather and submit dataset to system B. It will then start a FileWatcher, subscribe to it events, and remain dormant while waiting for output from system B. Once it receives the event, Pega automation will proceed with the rest of process outlined above.
2) FileWatcher will be a separate process that would always be running. Pega automation will be initiated by scheduled task, and then shut down after submitting data to system B. When FileWatcher detects creation of new file, it will restart the same Pega automation solution, but with different start "arguments", so as to use a different flow of logic.
3) FileWatcher will be a separate process that can always be running. There will be two Pega automations -- one for gather data and submitting to system B, and the other for processing the file returned by system B
What would be the best approach of the 3 design options above? Or, is there another option altogether that would be better?
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Help Needed- unable to add a second process in the "Expense Report" Lifecycle Stage- there is no option to add new process- only a new stage.
- Extra field in Case Designer when adding processes as designer@tgb
- what option is available in BIX when i run from designer studio and want to include properties from child classes?
- How to stop BOT in middle of Process
- Does Pega is using local file system when uploading a file?Some sort of temp directory in the middle on Pega server?