Data page local save option
When performing a Data save option on a savable data page, there is a Local save option for both a Database save and an Activity save type. The help documentation states this option should be selected if you are saving to the Pega database instead of an external system.
I do not understand why this is necessary. If I choose a Database save type then I must specify a class name. I would assume that this class name will determine the database and database table via its corresponding Data-Admin-DB-Table instance. As a result I am unclear as to what this checkbox actually does. Can someone please provide the purpose of this check box.
***Edited by Moderator Marissa to update platform capability tags****
The below help file has some information about what the checkbox is used for.
Hope this helps!
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Data page local save option
- Database save option in savable data page
- When we have multiple Local actions, if a user edits the data and selects another local action without saving the data, is there any way to auto save the changes?
- We are currently using Connect-JMS in the activity to get data from External system. However I want to use Data pages instead of Activity for JMS. I could not find it as an option in Data Pages. Does Pega 7 support JMS using Data pages?
- Is there any option available to expire/remove node level data page if any error while loading data page.