Data Migration efforts
We have to estimate the effort for data migration of inflight cases (around 27,000) from an existing application which is on Visual Basics 6 to new application to be built on Pega platform (v8).
Referred the "Pega-data-migration-datasheet" which mentions minimum 300-400 hours.
Any comments on how to estimate it correctly (steps to follow), would be really helpful.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- What if any, analysis tools are freely available to use to estimate effort required to migrate PRPC 6.2 to 7.1.x?
- Migration of History tables for Work items and data items. How to address if they were initially missed? which ones should be [now] migrated without impacting performance/functionality?
- Migrating Data Table Data
- Migrating P6 to P7: Mismatching data types when updating an Auto-Complete Control with ClipboardPage as Data Source
- Can Pega Data Mover Utility supports encryption at rest/transit during the data migration.