Custom control and validation messages
I have need to create a custom control and I need to know how to display the standard validation messaging with it when it fails validation.
I had this in my notes from version 6.x years ago but it doesn't work properly in newer versions (currently on 7.4). I suspect it was replaced by something different but I cannot find any stream rule by the name Messages.
It renders almost entirely off-screen (or at least off-layout) except a couple pixels of the icon which is below the field and rendered over the next field's label. The validation text is entirely not rendered. Shown here is Customer name which is an OOTB control for reference, Account Number (DDA) which is the custom control with the issue, and Card Number to illustrate the issue with rendering.
Here's the snippet of code from the control where this occurs.
- <SPAN nowrap>
- <pega:include name="Attributes" />
- <pega:include name="ClientValidation"/>
- <pega:include name="Messages"/>
***Edited by Moderator Marissa to update platform capability tags****
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Property value removed when "Show validation messages in read-only mode" is checked on Control
- How to get customized Date validation message
- Custom Pega Client Side Validation message
- I have a requirement in which user can select only future dates not present and past dates.Can anyone help me to implement this.I have used edit validate rule but dont know how to customize its error message?
- How to customize validate rule error messages