Creating Multiple Instances of Windows Application
I have a requirement to create an automation that launches multiple instances of a windows application. The application path is C:\Program Files (x86)\ABCSystems\ABC.exe. Is there a way to do this using a list loop? I was able to launch the application once successfully but not multiple times.
Is the application you need to launch also one that you'll have automations run against? If not, you can just use System.Diagnotics.Process.Start in an automation to launch the application. In this manner, you wouldn't have any adapter for the application. If you do want to have it automated, then the easiest way is to use MonitorAll and UseKeys to make a clone of the Top-Level form of the application and then write automations to handle specific instances of it.
I have attached a sample solution using Notepad that demonstrates how that would work.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- how can we open Multiple instances of windows applications
- How to create com component in windows form in openspan studio and how can we create an instance of com component i
- Can I create multiple windows of a Windows Form as MDI?
- can we create multiple pega instances on same database server
- JMS MDB Listener: Multiple data instances created in SMA