Create a new case and display it in a new tab when Portal loads
Just wanted to know if there are any general suggestions on how to create a case automatically when a specific portal loads. I'm using the Interaction Portal from Customer Service framework, so I have done the following development:
- Copied @baseclass.preDisplayHarness activity to the business layer.
- Added an activity on step 1 to create a case. This step is conditioned to be executed only when Param.harnessName=="CPMInteractionPortal".
This creates a case every time this particular portal loads. To accomplish my requirement, I will add other conditions to the execution of my activity inside preDisplayHarness, so there is no need to worry about too many cases getting created just by loading the portal.
So, this is the issue:
Even if I can create a case using @baseclass.doUIAction activity, this doesn't open the case on a different tab. This conversation is related to this other post, but I wanted to ask in this post if there is any other way apart from using doUIAction activity in order to create a case when portal loads, and then display it.
Once again, thank you so much!
***Edited by Moderator: Lochan to update platform capability tags***
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Why cases Created by Case workers are not shown under "Cases" TAB of Case worker portal
- List of Report Shortcuts not displayed on report tab of case manager portal | Pega 7.2.2 |
- Parent case lost lock when create new child case in new tab.
- Inbound Email with Large attachment is not displaying in attachment tab of newly created case
- Create new case when open portal