Create an Excel file and save it on server(instead of downloading) using MSOGenerateExcelFile
I am using the PEGA OOTB activity to create excel file using a page list MSOGenerateExcelFile.
Once we generate the file then i would like to save it on server. But using this OOTB activity we do have an option to download the file only. I dont see any specific option to save the file on server. When i debugged the code, on java step it has the reference to static directory on xlFile property and here we are invoking the downloadFile function which will just download the file on server.
Is there any option to save the file on server instead of downloading the file using MSOGenerateExcelFile with minimal Customization?
***Edited by Moderator Marissa to update platform capability tags****
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Need to generate Excel file from Report Definition and save into shared location (it shoud not popup for download) and Send as mail also?
- Unable to download the CSV file from server path and open blank in excel format
- Activity when run standalone downloads the Excel/PDF file. Onclick Activity to download a file runs without error but no file downloaded.
- I cant view the data in the excel file which is downloaded from Pega through Export to excel option in reports
- Need to auto download the file without the options Open and Save file