Choice of infrastructure for Pega Deployment Manager
Hi Support Community,
Posting this topic to gather recommendations on choice of infrastructure for leveraging Deployment Manager for on premise Pega applications for our customer.
We recommended of having a dedicated Pega instance (where Deployment Manager will be installed) to function as the Orchestrator for the CI/CD pipeline. The customer plans to use the Orchestrator for multiple Pega applications in future.
In order to reduce infrastructure cost and support, customer is asking if we can reuse one of our existing Pega Development instance /infrastructure for this. We can foresee following disadvantages in going with that approach –
- By combining the Application Dev and Deployment Manager Pega instances into one , we are increasing dependency as future downtimes in one will impact the other.
- A platform version upgrade need for the Application (sharing the infrastructure) mandates upgrade of Deployment Manager Version.
What are the other limitations or challenges others can think of ?
***Edited by Moderator Marissa to update platform capability tags****
You will find many of the answers you are looking for in the Deployment Manager FAQ, specifically questions 3 - 6 in the installation series.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Can I use Deployment Manager to manage application pipelines on earlier versions of the Pega Platform?
- Setting separate reporting infrastructure for managers
- Need info on Pega RRipples and Pega Deployment Manager
- Pega deployment manager in Pega version 7.3 within VM.
- How can i deploy Pega AMP application (Buil on ML8 and later) using AMP management center? Where can i get the required url,user id and password information