Case locking issue while we use Get Next Work function.
We are working on a project but stuck on a point which is blocking our development.The problem we have is around case locking.
What we are trying to do is to get cases from different applications to our central application via get next work function.
Here is the current status;
For the cases without any parent case, everything looks fine (regardless of the logged in application).
When we are logged in the application which actually creates the cases, next work dose not lock the parent case with the child case. System locks child cases only. This is actually what we want and expect.
When we are logged in our central application get next work locks the parent case with the child case. System puts lock for both parent and child cases. Putting lock on a parent case disables other operators to get any more sub cases from this parent case. This is a situation which we don’t want to happen
We tried to use some locking options on the cases, but it seems that, they have no effect on this.
One additional, interesting note is that, If we do not use the get next work function, and get work from workbaskets, everything looks fine. System locks child cases only.
Two different users can take two separate cases with same parent case and process them. (regardless of the application)
We are bit stuck at this point and cannot proceed. What do you think?
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Time not considered in addTime() function.
- Customise ExpandHeader function.
- Unable to generate the library for ExcelIntegration • DCOdocumentToBytes function.
- How to set value to a clipboard property through a function.
- What OOTB functionality can I use to achieve the following behaviour: If a flow action has a condition, I would like the system to open Work in review mode (no lock) if the condition is not met?