Question

Cannot access pega designer studio after apply changes on prconfig.xml

I need to solve the query runner issue on the environment. I followed the steps of this procedure:

https://community.pega.com/support/support-articles/error-when-running-query-query-inspector-or-query-runner

But after I do so, the designer studio doesn't appears anymore. Instead, I receive a "HTTP Status 503 - PegaRULES server not available" message.

Did I something wrong on the file? Attached my prconfig.xml file (as .txt). My version of Pega is 7.3.0

Correct Answer
December 20, 2018 - 11:59am

Resolved! After read this post:

https://community1.pega.com/community/pega-support/question/direct-database-access-pega-applications

The problem was that I didn't added the 2 jdbc entryes on tomcat application server. The following code was added to context.xml:

<Resource name="jdbc/PegaRULESReadOnly"
auth="Container"
type="javax.sql.DataSource"
driverClassName="org.postgresql.Driver"
url="jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/pegadb"
username="admin"
password="pega"
maxActive="10"
maxIdle="5"
maxWait="5000"
/>

<!-- name="prconfig/database/databases/PegaRULES/PegaRULESReadOnly" -->
<Environment
name="prconfig/database/databases/PegaRULES/PegaRULESReadOnly"
value="java:comp/env/jdbc/PegaRULESReadOnly"
type="java.lang.String"
/>

<!-- name="prconfig/database/databases/PegaDATA/PegaRULESReadOnly"  -->
<Environment
name="prconfig/database/databases/PegaDATA/PegaRULESReadOnly"
value="java:comp/env/jdbc/PegaRULESReadOnly"
type="java.lang.String"
/>

My final context.xml and prconfig.xml are attached to show the solution. After this configuration, Query Runner worked on Designer Studio.

 

 

Comments

Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments

December 19, 2018 - 1:13pm

Found messages on the log:

Name [PegaRULESReadOnly] is not bound in this Context. Unable to find [PegaRULESReadOnly].

December 20, 2018 - 11:59am

Resolved! After read this post:

https://community1.pega.com/community/pega-support/question/direct-database-access-pega-applications

The problem was that I didn't added the 2 jdbc entryes on tomcat application server. The following code was added to context.xml:

<Resource name="jdbc/PegaRULESReadOnly"
auth="Container"
type="javax.sql.DataSource"
driverClassName="org.postgresql.Driver"
url="jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/pegadb"
username="admin"
password="pega"
maxActive="10"
maxIdle="5"
maxWait="5000"
/>

<!-- name="prconfig/database/databases/PegaRULES/PegaRULESReadOnly" -->
<Environment
name="prconfig/database/databases/PegaRULES/PegaRULESReadOnly"
value="java:comp/env/jdbc/PegaRULESReadOnly"
type="java.lang.String"
/>

<!-- name="prconfig/database/databases/PegaDATA/PegaRULESReadOnly"  -->
<Environment
name="prconfig/database/databases/PegaDATA/PegaRULESReadOnly"
value="java:comp/env/jdbc/PegaRULESReadOnly"
type="java.lang.String"
/>

My final context.xml and prconfig.xml are attached to show the solution. After this configuration, Query Runner worked on Designer Studio.