Can we compare the skills in an assignment with the skills of an operator?


I have a requirement where I need to match the skills mentioned in an assignment with the operator skills who is actually working on that assignment.

The scenario is :- Operators having a skill, e.g. English should ideally get cases where the assignment is configured to have English Skill. This can be configured using any standard OOTB routing activity. But the issue is if anyone transfers a case to a user who does not have the expected or desired skill, he should not be able to work on the assignment and would just have few generic flow actions configured for him like transfer case etc.

For this scenario, I have checked that an operator profile skill you can get via the OperatorID.pySkills(1).pySkillName and we need to match this with the skill that is expected in the assignment shape. I understand that pxSkillsRequired and pxSkillsDesired valuelist properties are present in Assign- class which gets populated under newAssignPage but I am unable to see the Skill name, I am only able to see the value of the skill proficiency and that too I can see once I click on the begin button and perform the assignment.

What would be the best solution to this problem?


Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments

October 4, 2019 - 12:33am

Have you checked the below?

The When rule named CurUserHasRequiredSkills is the part where skills are checked, and the hasRequisiteSkills function does the actual match-up.

October 4, 2019 - 1:12am
Response to SusanLiu

I will surely check and let you know. Thanks Susan

October 4, 2019 - 2:14am
Response to SusanLiu

Hi Susan,

I tried adding the condition on the disable condition of the Begin button. It disables the button when the skills not match but even if the skills match, it is staying disabled. Need to analyze what is the root cause



October 11, 2019 - 12:31am
Response to SusanLiu

I analysed and found that newAssignPage is not present when there is a begin button to start the assignment. I tried adding the disable condition on that button but that did not work and always it was disabling. Could you please let me know if we have any other approach