Can we access java class in DataSet present in Lib folder of server and not in pega data base
I imported a Jar file in Lib folder of my server and trying to use a java class present in the jar in DataSet rule in pega. I am getting error as "Class xxx can not be found in class path". However i am able to refer a java class I import the jar in pega data base.
Problem with me is Jar file size is very big and also need to use it for many dependent pega applications so want to avoid importing those jar files in Pega data base.
Can somebody help me in below questions :
1. Is my understanding correct that at compile time only those java classes can be used which is present in Pega Data base ?
2. Is there any alternate solution for this issue?
***Edited by Moderator: Lochan to update platform capability tags***
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- In Pega 7 how to create a folder inside a server directory like C:\Test. C drive has the read and write access.
- In my application after launching portal, I am redirecting pega to another server where UI and Java code is there, it is a headless application that server accessing pega with Service Soap, that application takes around 1:30 hr to get complete once it ge
- Hi Pega Team, I am trying to install Pega 7. I am using postgresql DB and Tomcat 7 Application server. As per Pega 7 installation Guide I need to put xerces.jar, xml-apis.jar and xaml.jar in lib directory of TOMCAT_HOME. Found xml-apis.jar and xercesImpl.
- can we pass Class Names in data Access tab Dynamically based on layer; Implementation / Framework
- Issue in Accessing data through Twitter Dataset