Can the Orchestration Server and the Development Candidate System be the same?
Say I have 5 Pega Envs. DEV, QA, UAT, STAGING and PROD.
Can the DEV env be both the Orchestration Server as well as the Development env of the CICD Pipeline Candidate System?
Yes you can configure orchestrator and Dev systems in single system.
If Orchestrator environment is also used as QA or any other candidate in pipeline, then please be careful when you perform rollback action. Currently Deployment manager uses OOTB Rollback functionality using system restoration points. In which case recent changes performed can possibly rolledback.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Can the Orchestration Server be 7.4 and Candidate Servers on 7.3 for Deployment Manager?
- Can the orchestration and the candidate be on the same server? Deployment Manager 4.5
- Deployment Manager- Candidate system was not able to connect to orchestrator
- Getting "candidate systems are able to access the orchestrator" error while doing Pipeline diagnose test
- Can we have both Release Manager and Candidate System(DEV) on same Server Instance?