Can my candidate environments exist in different VPCs?
There are two key requirements in order to make Deployment Manager work across VPCs
- The DevOps orchestrator environment needs to be able to connect through https to all the environments, Dev, QA and Production. This might require whitelisting the DevOps IP addresses, please work with Pega Support in order get this configured
- All the environments, Dev, QA, Prod and the DevOps orchestrator environment need to have a shared artifact store such as S3. Deployment Manager seamlessly stores artifacts generated as you run your deployments in S3 folder assigned to you.
- However, the S3 folders are specific to a VPC and are not accessible across to other VPCs. It will be necessary to procure and configure a repositorythat can be accessed across all the environments. This could include leveraging any corporate repositories that are already available such as JFrog Artifactory, Azure, S3 or even a network file share all of which are supported by Deployment Manager. You also have the option of creating a custom repository for any artifact repositoriesthat are not supported out of the box.
- If you would like to continue using the Pega provided S3 solution, then please work with Pega support in order to provision an cross VPC compatible S3 bucket.
This is a frequently asked question about Deployment Manager. Find more answers here.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- System not able to find Function in one of the environments (com.pega.pegarules.pub.generator.UnresolvedAssemblyError, InvalidExpression, No candidates found)
- Is it possible to copy the existing PRPC database and use it in other environment?
- PEGA0004 CRITICAL ALERTS in development environment; most of these alerts are triggered when we try to save-as an existing rule
- New Server added to the existing environment
- How do we take relevant records corresponding to an existing class from Dev to other environments?