Blank, grey screen when clicking WordMerge Button
We have a long standing issue on our production environment which we couldn't replicate neither on our TEST, UAT or DEV systems.
We use WordMerge operation on applications excessively. We have modified the years ago and now the system opens a word document (which is actually our template in Pega) and fill the information those are set by bookmarks on the document. All this operation happens on client machine rather than server. After this initial creation, end users can change/modify the document and save it. Finally the system gets this document from client machine and uploads the document to case with some PostActivity operations.
The problem occurs on production.
When we click on "create" button, the system triggers the MS Word but nothing more.
It is just blank, grey background of MS Word.
You can see the example screenshot, below.
The workaround for this is to clean up the all browser caches. This sometimes saves the day but sometimes works for just one document.... so basically not a nice workaround.
Our platform is Pega 7.1.7 and we are working on both MS Word 2010 and 13.
Have you ever faced a similar issue below ?
***Edited by Moderator: Lochan to update platform capability tags; tag SR***
The problem seems resolved.
When we remove this information from the cookie, we see that the WordMerge operation works fine.
We will be removing these cookies If other applications can live without them .. or they (other teams) rewrite these cookies as in pure text or json style.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- When clicking the Document Now button, the button greys out and nothing ever appears.
- when case created, the page is blank, no options to advance the case
- SA-25217-Blank screen is displayed after clicking on close icon on tab [PRPC 6.2]
- Blank screen appears after user clicks on the close icon on top of the work object
- Unwanted blank rows getting added on click of "Show Completeness" button under table tab of decision table.