Basic Authentication HTTP 401 Error on Service Rest
We have created a Service Rest in Pega which can be used for external systems. We added a Authorization Header in request Header. But When we called the service in Pega, Postman, SoapUI, we get a http 401 authentication error.
After when we investigate a solution i found a weblogic configuration that must be done from different support article in community (SA-22512 - Unable to use Authorization on Pega REST API calls). I made a configuration change in weblogic config.xml file and other action in SA-22512. But our problem is continue. Error message is that, "The request requires user authentication. The response MUST include a WWW-Authenticate header field (section 14.46) containing a challenge applicable to the requested resource. The client MAY repeat the request with a suitable Authorization header field (section 14.8). If the request already included Authorization credentials, then the 401 response indicates that authorization has been refused for those credentials. If the 401 response contains the same challenge as the prior response, and the user agent has already attempted authentication at least once, then the user SHOULD be presented the entity that was given in the response, since that entity MAY include relevant diagnostic information. HTTP access authentication is explained in section 11"
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Pega REST service recording 401 response code though it is serving with http code 200
- BASIC authentication of REST service
- Fail: Authentication parameters incorrect- the server responded with an HTTP 401 code, indicating an authorization problem.
- Pega HTTP Service- (401)Unauthorized
- Unable to check platform REST service due to the HTTP response code of 500 indicated a server error- RMS configuration.