Autocomplete and free format input
Pega 7.3.1 (full)
I'm using an autocomplete control in a section. Input is required. In the presentation tab I've disabled 'Allow Free format input'. Result values for the control are the names of operators (retrieved by 'D_pzOperatorsByApplication'), e.g. 'Test User 01', 'Test User 02', etc.
When I enter 'Test' as input, do not select any of the values found and submit the input as is, the input is saved and submitted. I was expecting for an (edit) validate to be triggered.
I think this is a bug. Am I correct? And if so, is there a fix for this issue? (and yes, I know, as a workaround I can explicitly validate the input entered).
***Edited by Moderator Marissa to update platform capability tags****
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Autocomplete Allow free-form input behavior [7.3]
- Grid Border format for a free form layout- Unable to see the border for free form cells during PDF generation.
- Autocomplete accepts free form characters but doesn't load other properties configured
- Is it possible to made autocomplete list of results wider than input field
- AutoComplete filter user input