Achieving Authentication and Authorization in one go
We are trying to achieve Authorization and Authentication for users of an application in one go.
The user IDs and their corresponding roles (whether an Admin, External User or Internal User etc) are defined in a Global Corporate Database, which is used by all other applications that the business uses. These are all global users and shall have access to all applications and similar roles everywhere.
Now any such user logs into the Pega application for the first time, we want Pega to create same operator ID with password and similar Access Group in Pega with the corresponding roles as the ones present in the Global Corporate Database.
Does Pega support this type of integration at the time of logging in to Pega to fetch and dynamically create access roles and privileges for the created users.
Also roles in the Global Corporate Database are often changed and hence having the option to manually sync those roles with Pega is out of question. In this scenario, when can the syncing be done- during login or after a point the user logs in.
What are the options available?
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- How do we authenticate Service requestor which is to be authenticated by BASIC authorization?
- Approaches to achieve authentication timeouts
- Where is the SingleSignonExample.jar for "Configuring Authentication and Authorization"
- In Federated Case Management (FCM),How Operator Authentication and Authorization works
- OAuth 2 authentication- Authorization Grant type