Accessibility Report in Pega 8.2
In Pega 7.x there was an option to run an Accessibility Report described here:
In 8 this looks to have been removed and replaced with the Accessibility Inspector. The tool seems to audit individual pages while being viewed in the application. We have a need to create a report of the Accessibility findings for every form/step in our application. How can we create this in Pega 8.x?
***Edited by Moderator Marissa to update platform capability tags****
It does look like it was removed. However DevHelp seems to still have references to it
So this looks like a documentation bug now. (Unless the report still exists somewhere buried in the menus and I cannot find it. But I believe this no longer exists)
Historically this report served a purpose but the product and accessibility standards quickly outgrew this. So the report was misleading in terms of providing you some sort of accessibility/compliance score.
For this reason, and others the report was removed from the product at some point.
Accessibility standards/testing have many levels of compliance and subjectivity around it. So it is best to have an unbiased tool, which can also be updated as standards change. Think in terms of third party tools such as FireEyes, etc.
I would like a product owner to confirm my assessment here though.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- In web mashup how to pass parameter from host application to Pega and how can I access that parameter in Pega to pass it to my report definition
- Access Pega Cloud Amazon S3 Repository Without SFTP Server from Third-Party reporting tool
- Is Oracle 18C is supported in the PEGA PRPC 7.2, PEGA PRPC 7.4 and PEGA PRPC 8.2
- Pega Chat 7.4 on Pega 8.2
- Online Help URL Pega 8.2 points to Pega 7 after upgrade