Discussion

WorkID prefix problem in 6.1

All,

While running the application accelerator from Application profiler, we gave the work id prefix as "T-". Now I updated all the corresponding model rules to include work id prefix as "TER-" and it is still taking the prefix "T-".

Identified the cause in "AddWork" activity in Work- class. Step 11 is having code like:

String prefix = pega.getWorkIDPrefix(myStepPage.getClassName());

which means it is getting the prefix from class definition not from the page.

Any help is appreciated to override the prefix.

Regards,
Sankar Reddy G

**Moderation Team has archived post**

This post has been archived for educational purposes. Contents and links will no longer be updated. If you have the same/similar question, please write a new post.

Comments

Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments

August 24, 2010 - 9:42am

re: While running the application accelerator from Application profiler, we gave the work id prefix as "T-". Now I updated all the corresponding model rules to include work id prefix as "TER-" and it is still taking the prefix "T-".

Historically Pega would read the work ID prefix from the model. This made some sorta sense, but not fully, because you couldn't see/manage/update the prefixes in one place.

In v5.5 this was moved to the Application rule. So when you run the application wizard and create prefixes, they get populated there.

Jon

August 25, 2010 - 12:21am

Hi ,

Go to Application Rule-->Details Tab -->workTypes and check what is the work ID prefix there .Hope this helps

August 25, 2010 - 1:46am

Its worked. Thank you.

August 26, 2010 - 12:48am

Great..the reason being the work type given in application rule will be given preference over the work id prefix given in the model rule..

February 2, 2016 - 6:26am
Response to DINESHSB

It works, Thanksss