Setting ruleset in pega.logTraceEvent()
To write to the tracer from Java/JSP, we can use the call pega.logTraceEvent().
Grant that this is in the PegaAPI class, it is officially unsupported. But this risk is mitigated by a couple of factors:
1. This API is unchanged in v6 from v5. My gut sense is that this won't radically change in the future.
2. We have written a wrapper Rule-Utility-Function around this. If the PegaAPI changes, we simply change our one function.
There's just one catch: the 4th parameter to logTraceEvent() is the ruleset-- this allows the filter the Tracer results for specific rulesets (which nonetheless has some known issues.)
But the ruleset is not static: it can be the actual ruleset, or the temporary checked out one (username@). Morever this would not get updated by a SaveAs.
How to ultimately solve this?
The activity java generation writes out the key in pz_CurrentRuleKey.
It would be handy for Pega's java generator to write out a String property for the ruleset as well, which could be used by our call to Trace().
**Moderation Team has archived post**
This post has been archived for educational purposes. Contents and links will no longer be updated. If you have the same/similar question, please write a new post.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Tracer settings- Rulesets to trace- Select a particular app layer rulesets
- Create/Delete/Update a Ruleset Version takes time as their are 1100 different rule set versions available to render in RuleSet Rule Form
- Getting prerequisite issue when referring a rule in Branch rule set in base rule set and both rulesets have Application mode val
- 7.1.9 The order of branch rule set in the application rule set stack is different than that of the user ruleset list