PRPC for zOS Batch
We are having performance issues wherein in using Pega rules are called from a batch running on zOS. The message is sent from the zOS mainframe one by one and takes on an average 1 second. The message goes through the ESB to transform copybook to XML and send to Pega in a 4 node cluster.
We are looking to improve the situation given the volume of transactions and tight batch window.
I read the product sheet for 'PRPC for zOS Batch' and 'PRPC for Cobol' and would like to explore how it could help in above situation. Does this works with native copybook format or still need to translate to XML, does it makes the remote call to access business rules repository for validation or caches the rules and data locally on the mainframe? Would appreciate further information on this along with how customers are using this product with some references/case-studies, if possible?
**Moderation Team has archived post**
This post has been archived for educational purposes. Contents and links will no longer be updated. If you have the same/similar question, please write a new post.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Is Pega PRPC 6.2 SP2 with CPM 6.2 SP4 supported on a DB2 for z V11 hosted on z/OS 2.2?
- PRPC v6.3 SP1 support for DB2 for z/OS v12
- PRPC load/install error- DB2 The batch is terminated non-atomically. ERRORCODE=-4225, SQLSTATE=null
- Caught exception while retrieving Data-Admin-Requestor instance "prpc!BATCH"
- Advanced Agent is picking access from Requestor Type(PRPC:BATCH)