Pega Rules Extract Marker file
We recently had a problem when a certain feature (not involving Library files or Functions) was not working in one of our environments but worked in other environments. When the PegaRulesExtractMarker file alongwith the PRGenJava and PRGenClasses were deleted and the app server was restarted, the problem was fixed.
Pega Help has this to say on Extract Marker files:
"During installation, small text file named PegaRULES_Extract_Marker.txt is created, recording the date and time that all libraries and functions were compiled.You can force re-extraction and recompilation of all the libraries and functions on one node by deleting this file."
My question is - What are the conditions when the Pega Rules Extract Marker file, PRGenJava and PRGenClasses folders need to be deleted? Does the Marker file have information only regarding libraries and functions or in general all java and class files that are generated?
**Moderation Team has archived post**
This post has been archived for educational purposes. Contents and links will no longer be updated. If you have the same/similar question, please write a new post.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Is it possible to delete PegaRULES_Extract_Marker file from Pega?
- 7.1.9 How to preserve Exported/Imported RAP package files that reside in the "Service Export" directory, even in the cases that Extract Marker file has been deleted?
- Extract Marker File- Deletion
- What is the use of PegaRULES_Extract_Marker file
- Extract Marker File and Cache. How to clear cache from the memory?