Offline Data Pages do not accept Params: need advice.
The customer has a requirement to set up offline data on mobile devices (both iOS and Android).
The backend data set is very large (380k [more? records]; probably too large for performance reasons on the back-end PRPC system and probably too large for the Mobile Device storage.
Previously: Parameters were specified on the Data Page in an attempt to cut down the recordset to a few hundred records.
This approach failed (the sync process would 'hang'): and Pega SMEs were engaged.
SMEs identified the reason: Parameterized Data Pages cannot be used in this context (the params are ignored, or not available in this context).
Therefore the entire data-set was downloaded to the mobile device - unfiltered. (At least on the 'initial sync').
**Moderation Team has archived post**
This post has been archived for educational purposes. Contents and links will no longer be updated. If you have the same/similar question, please write a new post.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Need help in creating an editable node level data page in PRPC 7.1.5. If anybody has designed a customized solution for the same please advice. Thanks.
- Passing output param from data page to data transform
- How to pass param to RDL when referring source as Data Page
- Call parametrized Data Page from Activity setting params via Property-Set
- How to send a list in a data page param