Introducing Delay in File Listener
I know there has been a few discussions in the PDN about how a file listener (only one running on one node) would process the files if there are multiple files placed in the folder. My questions is whether it is possible to introduce a delay between the processing of multiple files in a file listener.
Scenario:5 files are put in the folder which is monitored by the file listener. Each file has a specific number of records. I would like to have the processing sequence as follows:
- FL1 picked up and the service file processes the records.
- there is a gap of a minute or so then FL2 is picked up for processing and so on
Is this practically possible in Pega? I have tried using the Idle Processing section but to no avail.
the only option I see is to have a job running on the OS where Pega is installed, and this job would send the file one at a time to the folder which Pega is monitoring.
any light in this direction would be very appreciated.
**Moderation Team has archived post**
This post has been archived for educational purposes. Contents and links will no longer be updated. If you have the same/similar question, please write a new post.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- How to delay JMS MDB Listeners startup
- Delay Notification stopping from uploading a file
- When Moving a larger data file to file listener path while copying is in progress the file listener picks up the file and try to process it which is not fully copied.
- How can i synchronize my file listener running in multinode i.e. if FL of node 1 picks the 1st file I want my node2 listener picks the 2nd file from that same folder??
- I have created a File Listener but unable to see my File Listener in SMA.