External database connection and Synonym
I'm trying to connect to an external database, after configuring Database rule, I'm using the wizard as described here. Instead of reading from a table, I need to read data from Synonym, but when I add the synonym in "Table" field, step 4 of the guide, I got the following error:
pyMetadata:** Error encountered investigating table: Table XXXX does not exist in database YYYY
It seems I can connect to a table, to a view, but not to a synonym, is this a known limitation?
Note: it is an Oracle database, connecting to it with Toad, I'm able to execute a query on this synonym without any schema prefix, and in the Pega wizard I'm not adding any schema too.
Thanks for your help.
**Moderation Team has archived post**
This post has been archived for educational purposes. Contents and links will no longer be updated. If you have the same/similar question, please write a new post.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Pega 7.4 External database Synonym Class mappping
- Not connecting to external database when using external data base class mapping tool
- Connecting external Database to SSA Exercise system Database-BadDBDef-Missing Error
- How to set a values for a connection to an external Oracle database connection
- How to connect external Database