Data Table and Database Table Mapping
I have a data-table and a database table, both mapped with same class. I am using Obj-Save and Obj-Browse to update/fetch data. My questions are as below:-
1. Obj-Browse will fetch from where, data table or database table or both?
2. Suppose I have an exposed property LastRunTime in both the table. Now if I manually update its value in database table by executing query in Toad. Will that updated value be reflected on data-table? During Obj-Browse can I see the updated value? If not then is there how can I make it reflect in data-table?
3. The class which is mapped to both the tables, is having its primary key as ID. But in database table, there is no column for ID. During Obj-Browse, if I select ID along with other properties,then it is accessing data-table. If I use pzInsKey along with other properties (not use ID), it is accessing database table. If I use both ID and pzInsKey, database table is being accessed. What is the logic behind the Obj-Browse in this scenario?
**Moderation Team has archived post**
This post has been archived for educational purposes. Contents and links will no longer be updated. If you have the same/similar question, please write a new post.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Data Table-- Database Mapping?
- Class "XYZ" is mapped to a foreign data table "ABC" in database PegaDATA, but it contains px,py or pz properties error.
- Partition key should be mapped to a Database table column in Data Set
- Error while mapping a table from external database using Database Table Class Mapping
- Creating external table mapping-Connector and Metadata Accelerator vs External Database table Class Mappings