Discussion

Check Out/Check In Issue

No check out option on rule. It shows that the rule is checked out by me and in my private ruleset. However when i search for all checked out rules by me this rule does not show up. Also when i try to open the rule in my private ruleset i get the msg that unable to open rule instance.
Any idea how this can be rectified?

**Moderation Team has archived post**

This post has been archived for educational purposes. Contents and links will no longer be updated. If you have the same/similar question, please write a new post.

Comments

Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments

June 15, 2010 - 9:16am

Is this happening specific to your operator ID or is it happening to others too?

Cheers,
-Chavan

June 15, 2010 - 9:38am

Hi,
Did you import a rap for this application and after the import you are facing the problem?

June 16, 2010 - 2:25am

quote:


Originally posted by joydeepd

Hi,
Did you import a rap for this application and after the import you are facing the problem?

Yup, its happening after the RAP import. But the original instance in the source server is checked in wihtout any lock info. I tried to once again import just that specific rule with the Overwrite Rule box checked. But still facing the same issue. And this issue is not specific to my operator id, its for all.

June 16, 2010 - 2:44am

Its a check in/Checkout issue. Just make sure the rule is properly checked in before you taking the rap. Because your personal rule set comes in to picture when you have checked out a rule. Take a rap after the rule is checked in and them re-import with "Overwrite Existing Rules " checkbox checked.

June 16, 2010 - 2:49am

Adding to Joy's comment, you must delete the locked instance in the target system and then reimport the checked-in instance. Unless you delete the locked instance in target system, it won't overwrite.

June 16, 2010 - 2:52am

quote:


Originally posted by joydeepd

Its a check in/Checkout issue. Just make sure the rule is properly checked in before you taking the rap. Because your personal rule set comes in to picture when you have checked out a rule. Take a rap after the rule is checked in and them re-import with "Overwrite Existing Rules " checkbox checked.

Thanks a lot joydeep for the suggestion. I have already tried that but it didnt work.

June 16, 2010 - 2:54am

quote:


Originally posted by YRNKKISHORE

Adding to Joy's comment, you must delete the locked instance in the target system and then reimport the checked-in instance. Unless you delete the locked instance in target system, it won't overwrite.

Thanks Kishore. However, i dont get the Delete rule option. FYI the version is 5.5

June 16, 2010 - 2:56am

Hi,
You dont get the delete option there,you need to delete the rule using an activity.

June 16, 2010 - 2:59am

quote:


Originally posted by revanthg

Hi,
You dont get the delete option there,you need to delete the rule using an activity.

Thanks Revant. Will give it a try and let you know.

June 16, 2010 - 3:04am

quote:


Originally posted by revanthg

Hi,
You dont get the delete option there,you need to delete the rule using an activity.

create a activity having Obj-Open-By-Handle method (InstanceHandle as pzInsKey of the Rule )
.the rule will open in the specified page . second step use the obj-delete .

February 6, 2013 - 2:08pm

I had the same issue.  I tried the delete method explained above(I didn't need the rule anymore I moved it to another class) but this would not delete the rule for me.  I was able to remove the lock and then manually delete by creating an activity like the one in the below link. - djw

https://pdn.pega.com/system-operations/how-to-cancel-rule-check-out-status-with-an-activity

March 11, 2013 - 3:37am

Hi,

 

you Can optionally use WBDelete in the baseclass to delete a rule forcebly.

 

Regards,

Prathap

March 11, 2013 - 4:10am

Hi,

 

For Deleting activity you can delete it from pr4_rule by giving the rule name and rule set version and again try to reimport...Hope it works