Add new columns to pr4_rule_vw in 7.1.8
We are using custom rule type in our project extensively. We have report definition running on Data-Rule-Summary (table pr4_rule_vw ). Now we are trying to add additional column to pr4_rule_vw table. Before 7.1.8 , pr4_rule_vw table are controlled by database triggers. After 7.1.8 , looks like pega engine handles data population to pr4_rule_vw table.
We creted 2 property :- one under Rule- and one under Data-Rule-Summary and created corresponding database column in pr4_rule and pr4_rule_vw. When we create the new custom rule, pr4_rule table gets populated whereas the pr4_rule_view table didnt get populated. Is there any steps
Do we need to follow any steps apart from above whenever we need to add additional columns to pr4_rule_vw table (since it is handle by pega engine after 7.1.8 upgrade)?
**Moderation Team has archived post**
This post has been archived for educational purposes. Contents and links will no longer be updated. If you have the same/similar question, please write a new post.
Update from GCS:
An issue in the custom application code or rules. Data-Rule-Summary and the corresponding pr4_rule_vw table need to be regarded as "read only" as far as the application is concerned. Any changes could have the potential to break product functionality. Ultimately, Data-Rule-Summary is not currently designed to be extensible as far as adding new properties goes.
We had used index table to populate the new column and used a join to pull the data.
Keep up to date on this post and subscribe to comments
- Add new columns to pr4_rule_vw in 7.1.8
- Rules view not getting created in pr4_rule_vw
- Mystery query to pr4_rule_vw that does not show up on a global db trace
- pr4_rule_vw is not getting populated
- Intermittent "rule with a bad defined-on class" error shows up on Connect-SOAP operation on tracer in Pega 7.1.8 Version, Are there any changes required to fix this error. As per PDN the issue was resolved with 7.1.8